THE FOLLOWING ARE GUIDELINES ONLY
- Remove all packaging.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Fan 180ºC/Gas mark 6.
- Place fillets fat side down on a cold dry pan and turn to a medium heat. As the pan heats up the fat will start to render from the fillets.
- Cook until fat is golden in color (time will depend on the speed of your hob) Turn fillets over and continue to cook for a further 2 to 3 minutes (be sure to save the fat from your pan for wonderful roast potatoes and vegetables).
- Place fillets on a roasting tray and cook for a further 10 – 15 minutes depending on oven and taste.
- Remove from oven and allow fillets to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Ensure that the duck is thoroughly cooked, no pink meat remains and the juices run clear.
DO NOT REHEAT.
FOR THE SAUCE
In a heavy pot, add cherries including the syrup, star anise, vinegar, port and chicken stock. Bring to the boil and reduce to a simmer. Simmer until the volume has reduced by half.
In a cup, mix together the cornflour and water to form a paste and add to the cherry sauce. Continue to stir and heat sauce until it thickens slightly.
Slice your duck fillets and arrange on a warm plate and drizzle with the cherry sauce
We used this sauce for Garlic and Black Pepper Fillets, but this sauce also works wonderful with any of our products. If you want to keep it really simple why not try it with our Cooked Honey Roast Duck.